This course has been cancelled
Application Deadline: 29 Oct 2023
Course Language: English
This course is aiming to develop L1 coaches in the Kingdom of Bahrain and West Asia.
- Maximum number of participants is 18
- 25% minimum must be females.
- Participants are advised to have a good command in English (spoken and written).
- Application deadline is 05 Nov 2023
- For those who need visa, kindly contact Hamad AlMulla at (Hamad.email@example.com), +973-39697919
- Those who already have taken the Coaches L1 Seminar and didn’t complete their annual revalidation are not eligible for this seminar.
About the World Triathlon Coaches Level 1 Education
This qualification is an introduction to coaching triathlon. It has been specifically designed to provide candidates with the principles and practices of safe and ethical coaching of triathlon sessions to youth, junior and adult recreational participant groups, using the activities provided through this course programme, equipping coaches with the necessary skills and resources to start coaching straight away.
At Level 1 the focus is on three key aspects:
• WHAT to coach (knowledge and skills);
• HOW to coach these concepts to best enable athletes to develop;
• WHO is being coached, understanding the athlete to enable better coaching to take place.
World Triathlon Level 1 coaches will be able to plan, deliver, and review basic triathlon sessions, ideally under the supervision of more qualified coaches to guide their coaching practice and development.
Individuals who display the following attributes:
• Desire and aptitude for coaching, with a passion for helping and supporting others;
• Willingness and open-mindedness to learn new skills;
• Ability to participate in the course fully and complete all required assessments;
• Commitment to fulfilling the roles and responsibilities expected of a World Triathlon Level 1 Triathlon Coach;
• Potential to make a positive impact on Triathlon Coaching and Development in their region;
• Agree to abide by the World Triathlon Coaches Code of Ethics.
Coaches should be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Active Coach, already be an active coach or have access to start coaching immediately following the course;
• Recommendation by local NF and commitment to develop coaching skills;
• Be at least 18 years of age at the start of the course programme;
• Demonstrate a high level of spoken and written skills in the language the course will be delivered in;
• Attend 100% of the course;
• Ability to complete all online tasks, which will require access to a computer and internet access to the World Triathlon Education & Knowledge Hub before, during and after the face-to-face element of the course;
• It is strongly recommended that candidates have appropriate insurance cover before undertaking any independent coaching practice;
• Completion of the application form.
The application process and selection should be completed a minimum of six weeks prior to the course commencing to allow coaches to familiarise themselves with the content.
Once accepted onto the course, learners will:
• be issued with a World Triathlon Education Hub password and username;
• complete pre-course induction material, which explains the requirements to complete the course; • sent a welcome message from Facilitators, introducing themselves and encouraging engagement with the course;
• be required to complete online pre-course tasks and assignments within two weeks of being entered onto the education hub system. Failure to do this may result in the participant being removed from the course.
Closest Airport: Bahrain International Airport
Local Transportation: Bus
Local Transportation Contact: Abdullah AlKooheji
Local Transportation Contact Details:
mobile phone: +973-3998-0009
Visa Requirements Contact:
Host Hotel: Vida Hotel
Host Hotel Address: Building 176, Road 6403, Block 264, Manama, Bahrain