IPC confirms 11 Para triathlon medals for the Paris 2024 Paralympic Games19 Nov, 2021
Paralympic champions Plat, Rodriguez and Hanquinquant crowned also World Champions in Abu Dhabi05 Nov, 2021
All ready in Abu Dhabi to welcome the best para triathletes of the world02 Nov, 2021
VI Classification Opportunity in Abu Dhabi Para Triathlon World Championships21 Oct, 2021
World Triathlon is committed to supporting the development of para triathlon in which there are currently nine sport classes for athletes with an impairment competing over the sprint para triathlon distance of 750m swim, 20km bike (hand bike/tandem), 5km run (racing wheelchair) at all World Triathlon-sanctioned para triathlon events.
Para triathlon was first accepted for inclusion for the IPC’s Paralympic Games at Rio 2016, here’s why:
- Para triathlon offers a unique and inclusive global opportunity for athletes with the recognised types of impairments to perform at elite levels in a modern, exciting and dynamic sport.
- It is close to the environment, universally attractive and understandable to spectators and media alike.
- Para triathlon is accessible, equitable, viable, sustainable and well balanced in every way, incorporating in its sub-disciplines, three of the most prolific and recognisable medal sports in the history of the Paralympic Games.
- World Triathlon has actively demonstrated its readiness to develop and evolve the sport and has encouraged athletes to achieve much more than just their individual sporting goals, whatever they may be.
- While para triathlon has the potential to be the fastest growing sport in the Paralympic Movement, in that process we are accomplishing something that goes well beyond the expansion of Para-sport: we are helping to create inspirational role models for the world.
- Ethical governance, fair play and mutual respect belong to the ethos of our organisation.
- World Triathlon has long upheld the principles of equality of opportunity, recognition and reward to create uplifting, motivational and life-changing experiences for all who compete in our sport.
- The triathlon world is inspired by IPC’s invitation to live and breathe all of the Paralympic Programme Guiding Principles.
- To oversee the development of para triathlon within the triathlon community by growing participation at all levels, building a pathway to, developing, elite performance, evolving events and building profile.
- To upholding ethical principles and fair play at all times including moving towards evidence based assessment of Classification.
- To work with the IPC and to foster the growth of para triathlon as it becomes an integral and contributing part of the Paralympic movement.
The goals of the World Triathlon Paratriathlon Committee are:
Abu Dhabi Sports Council (ADSC) has announced that the World Triathlon Para Championships will be added to the...Sep 14, 2021
A doctor of physical medicine and rehabilitation, a World Champion and now a Paralympic Champion, Spain’s...Sep 09, 2021
There were 42 National Federations represented in total across the Olympic and Paralympic Games at Tokyo 2020...Sep 01, 2021
British para triathlon super star Lauren Steadman nailed it in Odaiba Bay on Paralympic Super Sunday to claim...Aug 29, 2021
German Paralympian Martin Schulz produced the run of his life to earn the victory in the Men’s PTS5 race at...Aug 29, 2021
Less than a second. That is the difference, the blink of an eye, between gold and silver in the Paralympic...Aug 28, 2021
Dutch Para triathlete Jetze Plat knew he was the one to beat in Tokyo. Barely undefeated in his career, he is...Aug 28, 2021
The PTVI men’s event made its Paralymic debut, at just after 8.30am in Tokyo on Saturday, with a stacked...Aug 28, 2021
In 2016, Spanish young doctor and blind para triathlete Susana Rodriguez crossed the finish line in 5th place,...Aug 28, 2021
Para triathlon Videos
Going Beyond Episode 7: Kendall Gretsch (USA)25 Aug, 2021
Going Beyond Episode 8: Stefan Daniel (CAN)25 Aug, 2021