National Federations wishing to become affiliated to the World Triathlon, the world governing body for Triathlon, Duathlon and related multi-sports, need to meet the following requirements which are based on the World Triathlon By-Laws and Constitution.
Letter of Application
Apply to World Triathlon in writing declaring that the constitution of World Triathlon will be strictly observed.
A copy NF constitution must include a clause that:
a) refers all unresolved disputes between the National Federation and World Triathlon to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS); and
b) the National Federation has Anti-Doping Rules that comply with the WAD Code and World Triathlon Anti-Doping Rules.
Governing Body Status
The National Federation must be recognised as the governing body for the sport in the country. This status must be confirmed by either the National Olympic Committee or the National Government Sports Agency.
The annual fee of $300 (US) must be paid.
An annual report must be submitted by 31 March each year that includes:
- Address, telephone, fax, and email of the National Federation
- List of elected officers, i.e., Executive Board
- An indication that a minimum of 44% of the Executive Board are of the opposite gender. Provide their names and positions.
- Dates and Results of major Championships and events held during the previous year, i.e., National and state or provincial championships
NF Webpage on www.triathlon.org
- All elite, junior, U/23, age group and AWAD athletes who will compete at World Triathlon World Championships, World Cup, Continental Championships or Continental Cup events will have to be registered by the National Federation directly on “triathlon.org”.
- Each athlete entered by the National Federation will have a “profile page” automatically created which can be self-managed by either the National Federation or the athlete.
- All NF should post weekly or bi-weekly news stories on their webpage on “triathlon.org”.
- National Federations homepage will display the World Triathlon logo linking to triathlon.org.
- 2022 Kuwait World Triathlon Coaches Level 1 Course Kuwait • 24 May, 2022
- 2022 Amatique Bay World Triathlon Technical Officials Level 1 Seminar Guatemala • 02 Jun, 2022
- 2022 Rzeszow Team Europe Poland • 03 Jun, 2022
- 2022 Coimbra Team Europe Portugal • 10 Jun, 2022
- 2022 Larache World Triathlon Technical Officials And Event Organisers Level 2 Seminar Morocco • 11 Jun, 2022
Project Welcome Webinar of the Korea Triathlon07 Sep, 2021
Bike fit tips with Rodrigo González07 Jan, 2020
2018 KTF ITU Coaches Course23 Dec, 2018
ASICS World Triathlon Team - Salinas World Cup29 Oct, 2018