The Pan American Duathlon Championship will be held in Santiago de Cali - Colombia, featuring a sprint distance on May 21, 2023. The categories summoned for this event are Elites, Sub-23, and Junior (16-19 years).
5KM RUN 4 LAPS
20KM BIKE 5 LAPS
2.5 KM RUN 2 LAPS
ENTRANCE FEE (REGISTRATION)
Registration per athlete is USD$100 and can ONLY be made through the official web portal of the Valle Caucana League of Triathlon, Web Portal: http://ligavallecaucanadetriatlon.co/
PRIZE MONEY DISTRIBUTION FEMALE AND MALE:
1. 900 U$
2. 750 U$
3. 600 U$
4. 450 U$
5. 300 U$
FRIDAY MAY 19
NH ROYAL CALI Carrera 100B # 11A-99 | Cali | COLOMBIA
05:30 pm athlete & coaches registration
6:00 pm Mandatory Elite Briefing
7:00 a 7:30 pm package Pickup
SATURDAY MAY 20
6:00 am to 7:30 am Bike Familiarization
SUNDAY MAY 21
06:00 am Wave 1 Elite and Sub -23 & Junior Male Start
07:45 am Wave 2 Elite and Sub-23 & Junior Female Start
09:30 am Wave 3 Age Group Male
10:30 am Wave 4 Age Group Female
11:30 a.m. Awards Ceremony at Parque del Ingenio
Cali is a Colombian city in the southwest of the country, in Valle del Cauca. Known as the “Salsa Capital of the World,” Cali is a vibrant and energetic city with many tourist attractions.
Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Cali are:
1. The Historical Center: The city center has beautiful colonial and architectural constructions dating back to the 16th century.
2. Cristo Rey: An impressive statue of Jesus on top of a hill offers a panoramic view of the city.
3. La Tertulia Museum: One of the most important museums in the city, which has an extensive collection of contemporary art and artwork by local artists.
4. Farallones National Natural Park: A natural park in the mountains around the city, with trails for walking, picnicking, and enjoying nature.
5. The Cali Zoo: A zoological park home to a wide variety of animals, including lions, tigers, giraffes, and elephants.
6. La Plaza de Caycedo: A beautiful square in the city’s center, surrounded by historic buildings and many shops and restaurants.
7. The Cali Fair: An annual event held in December, with parades, concerts, salsa competitions, and various cultural activities.
In short, Cali is a city that offers a wide variety of tourist attractions, from its beautiful historic center and impressive statues to its natural parks and cultural events.
NEAREST AIRPORT _
Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport is the main airport serving the city of Cali. This airport is located about 25 kilometers northwest of the city center.
Name: Hotel NH Group
Address: Cra 100b No. 11ª-99
Single Room $367,710 COP
Double Room $415,310 COP
Name: Hotel Ingenio Reina Isabel
Address: Cra 84 No. 15-57 Barrio Ingenio II
Triple Room x Person including American breakfast $90,000 COP
Triple Room x Person without breakfast $70,000 COP
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY TO COLOMBIA
The requirements for foreigners who wish to visit Colombia may vary depending on the country of origin and the length of stay; however, the general conditions are the following:
1. Valid Passport: All foreign visitors need a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of entry into Colombia.
2. Visa: Most citizens of Latin American, European, and North American countries do not need a visa for tourist stays of up to 90 days. Citizens of other countries should check if they need access before traveling.
3. Travel insurance: It is recommended that foreign visitors purchase travel insurance that covers medical and repatriation expenses in case of emergencies.
4. Immigration registration: All foreign visitors must register online on the Colombian Migration website before they arrive in the country.
5. Other requirements: In some cases, other documents or specific needs may be required, for example, if you are traveling with minors or taking pets.
Recommended Transportation :
COMPANY NAME: ESPECIALES TRANSLAVAL
CONTACT NAME: JUAN DAVID VALENCIA
PHONE NUMBER: 3203131516 – 3113087361