Lauren was born without a right forearm, but this did not hold her back, as she went on to competed in two Paralympic Games as a swimmer. She first got into Triathlon after her uncle, who is a triathlete, suggested she should try it and with a long history in swimming, it has provided her with a significant advantage in triathlon.
Lauren when on to represent her country at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games, where she secured a silver medal. Her career up until 2017 has included 15 gold medals and 22 podiums.
- Winner of the 2017 Iseo - Franciacorta ITU Paratriathlon World Cup;
- Winner of the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- 2nd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- 2nd place at the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series; and
- 2nd place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games.
Latest Athlete Results
|1||14 Sep, 2019 - PTS5 Women - 01:07:53|
|2||01 Sep, 2019 - PTS5 Women - 01:12:45|
|1||17 Aug, 2019 - PTS5 Women - 01:03:20|
|2||28 Jun, 2019 - PTS5 Women - 01:06:22|
|2||27 May, 2019 - PTS5 Women - 01:06:05|
|view full results|
As the women competed in the final races at Copacabana beach on Sunday, nine medals, four nations, three podiums and one historical day were represented as the Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games…11 Sep, 2016
On September 11, the women will take to Copacabana Beach as the first edition of ladies to ever race for Paralympic gold medals.08 Sep, 2016
The Great British PT4 racer carried her winning momentum from Lisbon, Portugal, into her home course.06 Jun, 2016