The 2023 Americas Triathlon Cup Chinchiná will be held in Chinchiná Caldas - Colombia, featuring a sprint distance on Jun 11, 2023.
The categories for this event are: Elites, Sub-23, and Junior (16-19 years).
Course Site: Malecón Cameguadua – Chinchiná Caldas, Colombia.
750 Mts Swim 1 Lap
20 Km Bike 4 Laps
5 Km Run 2 Laps
ENTRANCE FEE (REGISTRATION)
Registration per athlete is USD$100 and can be pay through the official web site of the Colombia Triathlon Federation: https://fedecoltri.com (athletes must assume the service fee of the platform) or in cash at the day of the briefing
Prize Money Distribution
Position Female Male
1 USD $1500 USD $1500
2 USD $1250 USD $1250
3 USD $1000 USD $1000
4 USD $750 USD $750
5. USD $500 USD $500
SATURDAY JUNE 10
8:00 to 9:00 Bike Familiarization
9:10 to 10:00 Swim Familiarization
17:30 to 18:00 Athlete & coaches’ registration
18:00 to 19:00 Briefing (MANDATORY). Hotel Resort del café by Varuna. Meeting Room Dorado Resort
19:00 to 19:30 Package Pickup
SUNDAY JUNE 11
08:00 Wave 1 Elite and Sub -23 & Junior FemaleStart
09:45 Wave 2 Elite and Sub-23 & Junior Male Start
11:30 Awards Ceremony at Malecón Cameguadua
Chinchiná is a small city located in the Department of Caldas, 18 km from the capital Manizales, in the middle of the famous Colombian coffee region. When it comes to coffee, Chinchiná, is one of the most famous places in Colombia. Discover a coffee that is so good that it sustains the city’s economy.
The second largest coffee production plant in Latin America is located in Chinchiná, Caldas and produces one of the best coffees in the Colombian coffee region. In your visit experience in Chinchiná, you will try this coffee which is so good that you will never forget it.
Some of the most popular tourist attractions in Chinchiná are:
Basílica Nuestra Señora de las Mercedes. Most emblematic church located in Plaza Bolivar, the main square of the town.
Hacienda Guayabal. A coffee farm where you will have a great interaction with the coffee culture and the art of preparing Colombian coffee.
Hacienda el Sinaí. A trip back in time to a family’s farm to see first-hand what the process of growing, harvesting and processing the coffee bean is like, in a beautiful path that seems to be taken from a story.
Matecaña International Airport in Pereira is the official airport for the event. It is located 35 kilometers southwest of Chinchiná city center.
Name: Hotel Resort del café by Varuna
Address: A 2km del Club Campestre. Manizales, Vereda las Pavas.
Single Room $280,000 COP
Double Room $330.000 COP
Telephone: +57 314 8144184
Company Name: Fundación Tricolor
Contact Name: Cesar Cañón
Phone Number: +57 314 8836061
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY TO COLOMBIA
The requirements for foreigners who wish to visit Colombia may vary depending on the country of origin and the length of stay; however, the general conditions are the following:
1. Valid Passport: All foreign visitors need a valid passport with a minimum validity of six months from the date of entry into Colombia.
2. Visa: Most citizens of Latin American, European, and North American countries do not need a visa for tourist stays of up to 90 days. Citizens of other countries should check if they need access before traveling. You can check on the following link https://www.cancilleria.gov.co/tramites_servicios/visa/abece-visas
3. Travel insurance: It is recommended that foreign visitors purchase travel insurance that covers medical and repatriation expenses in case of emergencies.
4. Immigration registration: All foreign visitors must register online on the Colombian Migration website before they arrive in the country.
5. Other requirements: In some cases, other documents or specific needs may be required, for example, if you are traveling with minors or taking pets. Some countries require proof of yellow fever vaccination before departing, please validate these requirements with local immigration office before traveling.
Liga de Triatlón de Caldas
Phone +57 305 305 3915