2017 Zofingen ITU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon World Championships
Important information regarding the registration process:
Your athletes must be also registered in the LOC entries system to finalize the registration process. Once your athletes are also registered through the LOC entries’ system, they will be accepted to compete in the 2017 Zofingen ITU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon World Championships. All the information is available here https://secure.datasport.com/?power17
The Powerman is the most important duathlon event worldwide. It is a race full of drama and emotions. It has been taking place in the heart of Switzerland since 1989. In 2017 Powerman Zofingen will celebrate its 29th birthday. Zofingen is the one place in the world where the best athletes from all countries compete together. We will see a mixture of top triathletes, duathletes and athletes from other endurance sports take up this unique long-distance challenge. It is a must in the career of every long-distance enthusiast to finish the Powerman Zofingen at least once. Some finishers claim that the Powerman is even more demanding than the Ironman.
The International Triathlon Union (ITU) has awarded the Long Distance World Championships 2017 to Zofingen and this will be for the 9th time. We warmly welcome you to the Powerman Zofingen 2017!
Be prepared for athletic quantum leaps and an overall unforgettable experience as, in Zofingen, quality matters more quantity. See you at the Powerman Zofingen 2017!
Option1: Interested elite and age-group athletes should contact their own National Federation. Your National Federation will then enter you using the official ITU entry system. This entry will be accepted from LOC (Powerman) as authorization for the ITU World Championships (elite or age-group). Additionally, we at the LOC need an e-mail confirmation for these athletes with a complete personal record (first name, family name, date of birth, address, e-mail and category) from the national federation to add them to the ITU World Champs start list of LOC. After the registration deadline of July 31st, the LOC will send an invoice for the entry fees for all entered athletes of nations with outstanding payments.
Option 2: Elite and age-group athletes who wish to pay their entry fee themselves can enter themselves using the online registration system of the LOC. They pay the current entry fee by credit card or bank transfer. After registration, all of these athletes are first entered in the “open” category on the start list of LOC. Following written confirmation by the national federation through the entry in the official ITU system, LOC will transfer them to the ITU start list of LOC. If you do not have the support of your federation then you will not be permitted to race in the ITU Championships but can race the Open Wave.
Note: Without the confirmation of the national federation at the right time (by July 31st) and without payment before the event, NO race number will be given and a start at the race is NOT possible! All athletes who will compete in an “open category” will be ranked outside from World Championships.
For National Federations: Please check your national athletes who sign up to the LOC start list! At our “Overall Open Long Distance” start list you can see the athletes who are registered to compete in an ITU race category of your country at any time. The athletes are registered with “AK or Elite” in the column “Application ITU”. Only if the athletes are registered in the official ITU system by their National Federation will they be transferred from the Open to the ITU World Championships start list by LOC (Powerman).
Entry system of LOC https://secure.datasport.com/?power15
- PowerKids Duathlon
- Powerman Charity
- Powerman Short Distance Duathlon 10 – 50 - 5 km
- Powerman Relay
National currency is Swiss Franc. 1 SFR is around 1.08 USD or 0.95 Euro. Most credit cards and payments in Euros are accepted.
Main language is German. English and French are commonly spoken.
Weather conditions are normally dry and sunny, temperatures between 20 and 25° Celsius. On colder days it can drop to 15°.
Zofingen is situated half an hour from the Swiss Alps with excellent possibilities for daily trips to the Lucerne area with the famous Lake of Lucerne and mountains Rigi, Pilatus, and Titlis, or even trips to the famous village of Interlaken and the Jungfrau. Ask for special fares to Mount Stanserhorn.
Powerman Duathlon World Series events in Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Malaysia. More information: http://www.powerman.ch/en/powerman-world-series
Number of laps: 2
2 laps of nearly 5 km, 45% paved, 55% unpaved but solid underground. Total height difference 260 m. Crosses transition area after first lap. Drinks and food after 5 and 10 km. Exact distance 9180 m.
Number of laps:3
3 laps of 50 km, total height difference 1600 m, steepest part 16% over 100 m. Recommended gears 39x23 for string bikers or 39x25. Climbs are rather short, descents are long. Roads are only partially closed to traffic. 2 food and drink station on every lap. Exact distance 150 km
Number of laps: 2
2 laps on an out and back course. Turn points at km 7.5, km 15 in the transition/finish area and km 22.5. Climbs at the beginning of each lap. 25% paved, 75% unpaved but solid underground. 40% of the run is in the forests. Last 3 km are heading downhill to the finish line. Drinks and food every 2.5 km. Exact distance 29.200 m.
Courses maps on the website: http://www.powerman.ch/en/course-maps-streckenplaene
Prize money distribution. Elite men and women:
1st. 6,250 USD
2nd. 5,000 USD
3rd. 3,750 USD
4th. 2,500 USD
5th. 2,000 USD
6th. 1,750 USD
7th. 1,500 USD
8th. 1,000 USD
9th. 750 USD
10th. 500 USD
Saturday September 2nd, 2017;
Location: Stadtsaal -
11:30 ITU Elite race briefing in English
13:00 Race briefing in German
13:45 Race briefing in English
14:30 Race briefing en français & espagnol
50 000 USD
Friday September 1st, 2, 2017
- 16:00 – 19:00 Race Office open and issuing of race numbers
- 18:00 Start Pasta-Party
- 19:00 – 21:30 Opening Ceremony, handover race numbers to top athletes
Saturday September 2nd, 2017
- 11:00 – 17:00 Race Office open, licence / ID checks, issuing of race numbers
- 12:00 – 19:00 Expo and kids attractions open
- 12:00 – 13:30 Issuing start numbers PowerKids and late registrations
- 13:30 Start PowerdKids Duathlon
- 15:30 PowerKids Duathlon award ceremony
Sunday September 3rd, 2017
- 06:00 – 09:00 Issuing of race numbers, licence / ID check and late registrations
- 06:00 – 10:00 Issuing of start numbers only for Powerman CHARITY
- 06:30 – 07:30 Bike check-in Long Distance women
- 06:30 – 08:10 Bike check-in Long Distance men & LD relays
- 06:30 – 09:10 Bike check-in Short Distance all & SD relays
- 08:00 Start Powerman Long Distance women
- 08:05 Start Powerman Long Distance Para
- 09:00 Start Powerman Long Distance ITU categories men
- 09:02 Start Powerman Long Distance Open categories men
- 09:35 Start Powerman Long Distance relays
- 09:45 Start Short Distance women
- 09:50 Start Short Distance men & relays
- 10:45 Start Powerman CHARITY run
as of 11:05 First finishers Powerman CHARITY run
- 11:30 – 11:45 Autographs from VIPs Powerman CHARITY
as of 12:00 First finishers Powerman Short Distance
- 13:00 Lottery draw participants Powerman CHARITY
- 14:15 Awards ceremony SHORT Distance / Remis des prix SHORT
- 15:15 First finishers Powerman Long Distance World Championships
- 15:45 Flower ceremony
- 16:00 Draw of spectators’ lottery
- 19:00 Post Race Party
- 20:00 Award ceremony for all categories
Airport Zurich-Kloten (ZRH) offers many intercontinental direct flights from all continents with major airlines or regional connections to other hubs such as Frankfurt, Amsterdam, Paris or London. Zofingen is less than an hour from Zurich Airport by train, with just one change of trains in Olten. The trains run at least once an hour. Bike bags can be transported aboard the train. Zurich Airport is 50 km from Zofingen, Basel 50 km.
Book your hotel room as soon as possible. A Youth Hostel is located in the race area in Zofingen. Camping facilities are 5 km from the race site. The cheapest beds in 10-people dormitories without meal are available from CHF 10.–.
Phone+41 62 745 71 72
Stadtbüro, Kirchplatz 26, Zofingen 4800, Switzerland
- 2023 World Triathlon Powerman Long Distance Duathlon Championships Zofingen
- 2022 World Triathlon Powerman Long Distance Duathlon Championships Zofingen
- 2021 World Triathlon Powerman Long Distance Duathlon Championships Zofingen
- 2020 Zofingen ITU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon World Championships
- 2019 Zofingen ITU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon World Championships
- 2018 Zofingen ITU Powerman Long Distance Duathlon World Championships