Fernando Aranha H2
- Born: 1978
His impairment is the result of polio, an illness he contracted at age four. At age 16, a friend suggested he try wheelchair basketball. After running away from the orphanage in which he lived to find a team in Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo, he also started to try other sports, among them para-skiing and para-triathlon. In Sochi 2014, along with his teammate Andre Perreira, he was part of the first delegation of athletes from Brazil to compete at a Paralympic Winter Games, and was also the Brazil’s flag bearer on the closing ceremony.
- 6th place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- Winner of the 2017 Sarasota CAMTRI Paratriathlon American Championships;
- 4th place at the 2017 Edmonton ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 7th place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 7th place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games; and
- 10th place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
Latest Athlete Results
|8||13 Jul, 2019 - PTWC Men - 01:13:49|
|2||09 Mar, 2019 - PTWC Men - 01:13:23|
|2||15 Nov, 2018 - PTWC Men - 1100 pts|
|2||14 Oct, 2018 - PTWC Men - 00:56:08|
|10||15 Sep, 2018 - PTWC Men - 01:06:30|
|view full results|