Melissa first started triathlon with the encouragement from her dad, after previously taken part in surfing, swimming and surf live saving. Her swimming background makes her one of the strongest swimmers in the PT5 class for visually impaired athletes.
Melissa had the honor in representing Great Britain where she won a bronze medal at the Rio Paralympic Games, and she now has her sights firmly set on Tokyo 2020. She said that “together with my guide, Nicole Walters, I am training hard to make it. I have won gold at the World, European and British Champs and am the reigning World Aquathon Champion”.
- 3rd place at the 2017 ITU World Triathlon Grand Final Rotterdam;
- Winner at the 2017 Kitzbühel ETU Triathlon European Championships;
- 3rd place at the 2017 Yokohama ITU World Paratriathlon Series;
- 3rd place at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Paralympic Games; and
- 3rd place at the 2016 Rotterdam ITU Paratriathlon World Championships.
Latest Athlete Results
|7||29 Aug, 2021 - PTVI Women - 01:14:24|
|1||17 Jul, 2021 - PTVI Women - 01:03:55|
|4||20 Jun, 2021 - PTVI Women - 01:14:20|
|4||05 Jun, 2021 - PTVI Women - 01:15:32|
|2||14 Sep, 2019 - PTVI Women - 01:13:13|
|view full results|