Born in the Norwegian city of Bergen in 1995, Gustav Iden won his first national titles in 2014, winning both the triathlon and duathlon, and went on to score a top 10 finish in the Junior World Championships in Chicago the following year. After a testing transition into the world of Elite racing, Iden found consistency in 2017 and a first World Cup gold in Karlovy Vary thanks to a brilliant ride and run.
The 2018 season was certainly one to remember, however, opening with a top 10 finish in Abu Dhabi before landing bronze in Bermuda and sharing the podium with his teammates Casper Stornes and Kristian Blummenfelt, the first time a country had swept the men’s WTS podium. World Cup wins in Lausanne and Weihai then cemented the young Norwegian’s reputation, before a superb 2019 that included third place in Bermuda, fourth at the Lausanne Grand Final and the Tokyo Olympic Test Event.
- 3rd place World Triathlon Bermuda 2019
- 4th place Tokyo Olympic Test Event
- 4th place World Triathlon Grand Final Lausanne
- Winner 2018 Lausanne World Cup
- Winner 2018 Weihai World Cup
- 3rd Place 2018 World Triathlon Bermuda
- Winner 2017 Karlovy Vary World Cup