This course has been cancelled
Application Deadline: 15 Apr 2020
Course Language: English
The camp will be delivered in French also.
Offer to the best young African athletes a week of training with participation in a competition. Continue the process of support that can lead to Dakar 2022 and Paris 2024.
Location of the course
Causse lake (10 km from Brive), http://caussecorrezien/fr/
The weather in Brive in June
The temperature at this time of the year is often hot (but it can also be cool). There may be some chance of rain (dress accordingly).
Conditions of financial support
Accommodation and race registration are paid by FRATRI for affiliated countries and ATU for countries not affiliated with FRATRI.
Travel financial support from ATU / World Triathlon is under consideration for flights. To be confirmed.
Selected athletes and coaches
2 groups of athletes will be organised during the camp:
- Boys and girls born between 1997 and 2004. Each athlete must be supported with race results (time, places) and with training time trial results in swimming (100m, 400m…) and in running (1000m, 1500m, 5000m…).
- Boys and girls born in 2005 and 2006 (Dakar 2022 objective). Each athlete must be supported with race results (time, places) and with training time trial results in swimming (100m, 400m ...) and in running (1000m, 1500m, 5000m ...).
The federations also offer coaches (only one per federation) the opportunity of accompanying athletes in training. Any participants of the camp must also have a race result from 2020. They can target any of the Continental Cups or preferably the ATU Triathlon Championships in Egypt. Proposals from Federations must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 April. A selection committee will meet in mid-April to validate the list of athletes selected.
Each athlete and each coach must come with their swimming, bike (helmet is mandatory) and running equipment.
- Arrival of participants on Wednesday 17 June
- Camp start on Wednesday at 17h
- Participation in the Brive Triathlon (XS and S) on 20 and 21 June
- The camp will end on Thursday 25 June (departure day) and will allow delegations who wish to participate in the Larache African Cup on Saturday 27 June. The training will take this sequence into account.
Visas and invitations
Invitation letters will be sent to the persons making the trip. For this, each Federation must send a scan of each passport by mail to email@example.com as soon as the selection is published.
How to get to Brive?
By train: 200km from Toulouse (2h00) – 500 km from Paris (4h15)
By plane: Airport Brive Dordogne Valley – Toulouse Airport (then 2 hours by train or 2 hours by car with a rental vehicle or 2,5 hours by bus).
Shuttle: a shuttle will leave from Toulouse airport on Wednesday 17 June at 12h00 (20 euros per person to pay on the spot). Delegations arriving on Tuesday can take a night at the hotel next to the airport and wait for the Wednesday shuttle at 12pm, so, there is a possibility to visit Toulouse.